The IRS is sitting on federal income tax refund checks for more than 2,600 Arizona residents. The checks total almost $2 million in unclaimed tax funds – and the largest check is for $46,504.
If you are one of the “lucky” ones owed a check, the IRS would actually very much like to get you any money they might owe you. According to an IRS spokesman, taxpayers who believe they might be owed a refund can simply go to the IRS website, enter some identifying information, and give the IRS their correct address. Once that happens, the IRS will have to restart the refund process, and will get a check to the taxpayer in about six weeks.
How do refund checks go astray? The most common reason is that a taxpayer moves and does not notify the US Postal Service or update his address on file with the IRS. Taxpayers who are concerned that the IRS does not have their correct address can file a form 8882, “Change of Address.” The form can be downloaded at  or requested by calling 800-829-3676. Arizona taxpayers can also have funds deposited directly to their checking or savings account by selecting the electronic transfer option on their tax return.
At The Zolman Law, we understand that if you do run into tax problems with the IRS, it can be overwhelming.  Whether you owe back taxes, haven’t filed taxes for several years, or have received an audit or wage garnishment notice from the IRS, the attorneys at The Zolman Law, can help you or your business with these and any other federal and state tax problems.
We are a dedicated debt relief law firm. We help people from Phoenix, Mesa, Gilbert, Queen Creek, Chandler, Scottsdale, Apache Junction, Tempe and throughout Arizona work through tough tax problems or file for bankruptcy every day. We can help stop the debt cycle and give you relief from your overwhelming, burdensome, and crushing tax problems. Please don’t wait another moment. Call us right away – our attorneys will help get you the fresh start you deserve.